You may want to add some specific ingredients in your own facility. In that case, Envigo provides basal mixes that are, by design, a starting point for additional inclusions. When you choose a basal mix diet, you simply add any ingredient(s) in a specific proportion that your require. The nutrient levels in our basal mix are adjusted to account for the dilution of the added ingredient(s), so that the final complete diet contains the desired nutrient levels.
- TD.00235 Basal mix (93%); AIN-93G without fat
- TD.88232 Basal mix (without 20% Oil)
Here are some examples of how a basal mix could be helpful to you:
- Leave all or a portion of the fat source out. The end user can add various fats and make multiple diets from one basal mix
- Make fresh diet as needed for an unstable, hazardous, or limited supply ingredient
- Add a different vitamin or mineral mix to the same basal mix to create a series of vitamin or mineral adjusted diets
If proper mixing equipment is available, and you have the capability to feed powder diet, basal mixes offer flexibility and economy.