Are you concerned about the health status of your research models? We understand the impact of health status on the outcome of your experimental procedures. Your colony must be maintained within generally accepted target microbiological status specified within the FELASA Recommendations (FELASA, 2014). Envigo’s rederivation service standardizes the reporting of microbiological status and allows animals to be exchanged between laboratories and breeders with the confidence that known microbial adventitious agents will not be inadvertently introduced.
When you utilize our rederivation service, you can expect:
- Embryo or hysterectomy rederivation from breeders obtained from the donating institution
- Health status evaluation using client-approved microbiologic monitoring profiles on foster or recipient females and/or offspring
- Elimination of pathogenic and opportunistic microorganisms
- Elimination of distribution restrictions to collaborating investigators
- Elimination of variables that affect research results
- Offspring delivered to the client or maintained by Envigo for colony expansion