The regulation related to the Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) was adopted by the EU in 2007 in response to worldwide initiatives to address the impact of chemicals on human health and the environment (Figure 1).
REACH requires all manufacturers and importers of chemicals into European markets to assess and manage the risks associated with their substances and products, and register them with the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA).
Download your copy of our New Product Regulation e-book to understand the journey beyond REACH registration
For most of the chemical industry, it reflected the completion of the final step to ensuring their product stays in the European chemicals market; however, the May 2018 deadline is not the end – it is just the final step in data gathering. Dossier checks and substance evaluations continue beyond this date, to achieve the long-term REACH goals, such as identifying and addressing all substances of very high concern (SVHC) by 2020.The third and final May 2018 deadline for REACH registration of products in the band of 1–100 tons per annum was the last of the deadlines for registration of phase-in substances under REACH.
Given the long-term nature of the REACH database and the ongoing dossier and substance evaluation, any manufacturer or importer who has submitted a REACH dossier must keep that dossier up to date to ensure it:
- aligns with the latest regulatory legislation
- contains the most recent data
- includes new or extended uses for the substance
- reflects any changes to the tonnage in which it is used
Envigo is your one-stop solution for fulfilling all your REACH requirements
Providing comprehensive REACH testing capabilities at our facilities located in England, Germany, and Spain, as well as regulatory offices in England, United States, Japan and Korea, we have been involved in more than 100 lead REACH registration dossiers that have been successfully submitted to ECHA.
We offer the industry’s premier REACH services by maintaining:
- One of the world’s largest regulatory affairs teams for maximum capability and flexibility
- Project management focused on solving problems efficiently — we simplify complex activities such as development of substance-specific testing strategies and chemical safety assessments
- A presence in numerous countries, which allows fluent communication, especially with European customers of non-European clients
- Dedicated program managers who focus on data acquisition and registration documents for each client — we ensure you’re able to make fully informed decisions on every substance in your portfolio
From start to finish, trust Envigo to help you fulfill REACH guidelines. Our REACH services include:
- Advice on registration and testing strategies
- Registration of phase-in and non phase-in substances
- Technical dossier preparation and submission in IUCLID 6
- Joint dossier preparation
- Exposure scenarios and chemical safety reports (CSR)
- Full range of in-house, GLP-compliant testing services (Annex VII to X):
- Analytical and physicochemical testing, toxicology, genetic toxicology, alternative testing, ecotoxicology and environmental fate
- Only Representative services on behalf of companies located outside of the European Union
- Post submission support
- Consortium management