Envigo’s preconditioned models and services provide rodent models maintained on customer-specific diets within Envigo facilities prior to shipment. In addition to the requested custom diet, customers can specify the animal model, gender, age, time of project initiation, and length of diet maintenance prior to shipment. Additional services, such as surgical modification are also possible. All protocols are reviewed by the Envigo IACUC and are performed under an AAALAC accredited program. Animals are shipped using Envigo environmentally-controlled vehicles.
There are many benefits to our Preconditioned Models and Services, including:
- Animals are maintained on your special customized diets within Envigo’s maximum-security production barriers or isolators until shipment
- Health and genetic integrity of your models are protected
- Reallocation of labor and other institutional resources support your project
- Development of in-house diet maintenance protocols is eliminated
- The same diet can be fed after delivery to the customer
Cohorts of HsdBlu:LE rats, Hsd:SpragueDawley® SD® rats, C57BL/6NHsd mice, and other stocks and strains of Envigo's rodents can be maintained on custom research diets within our maximum-security production barrier and isolator facilities to meet your research needs.
For additional information or to learn more about these services, email our Veterinary Science, Research and Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.